Thursday, June 10, 2010

Falling Down Part 2

I don't feel as though I properly described the flair with which I fell that first Sunday on my new route. It was quite grand. The reason I feel compelled to elaborate is because I keep replaying the scene as it may have looked to an observer in my mind. Every time I see it I can't help but laugh out loud. The sheer ridiculousness of the whole thing is what strikes me. I literally went down like a ton of bricks. There wasn't a modicum of grace involved. And once I was down I spent a few beats laying on my back like a turtle, instinctively protecting the papers whose safety I've been entrusted with. Then I rolled to my side and struggled to my feet under the weight of the heavy Sunday edition. The whole thing was absurdly hysterical. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment